the heart of K & H
Dr. Kalyan Uppaluri is the cofounder and the owner of K&H Personalized Medicine Clinic and Research Institute. His immense knowledge, perfect execution skills and composed personality make him an exceptional leader for his company.
Dr. Uppaluri grew up as a boy next door in the City of Pearls, soaking in the local culture and vibe. He did his medical training at the prestigious Gandhi Medical College. He then moved to the United States, where he specialized in Internal Medicine at the McLaren Hospital, Michigan. He also got a degree in Medical Genomics from Ivy league institute, Stanford University and pursued cancer research at Wayne State University, Michigan. He worked as an academic physician at the Campbell University in North Carolina, where he trained young doctors in the field of medicine. He was awarded the Outstanding Physician award at Campbell University, as a unanimous choice.
He has made some huge strides in his medical career at the United States, but his love for his homeland never changed. He has now brought back all his experience in the field of medicine right here in his home city and along with his partner in life and work (his wife, that is) created the concept of K&H Personalized Medicine Clinic!
- Professional Certificate in Human Genomics Stanford University 2018
- McLaren Regional Medical Center, Flint MI, affiliated with Michigan State University Internal Medicine from July 2010 – June 2013
- Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad, India MBBS (1999- 2006).
- Academic Hospitalist, Mclaren Regional Medical center, Flint MI
- Teaching rounder- Inpatients for Internal Medicine residents.
- Wrote core curriculum for Nephrology, Rheumatology and cardiology systems.
- Precept morning reports every other Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Provide comprehensive evaluation, feedback after every rotation.
- One lecture per choice of residents every month during noon conference. (July 2013 – September 2015.)
- Core Faculty, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Cape Fear Valley Health, Fayetteville NC (October 2015 to present)
- Physician Advisor, Capefear Valley Hospital, Fayetteville, NC. (October 2017 to Present)
- McLaren Regional Medical Center, Flint MI.
- Member - compliance committee, (September 2013- September 2015)
- Member -Medication Reconciliation committee, (November 2013- September 2015)
- Genesee County Free Medical Clinic, Flint MI, USA (July 2010- September 2015)
- Providing free medical care to the underserved population of Genesee County, MI
Poster Presentation Arguelles A., Hatoum H., Rzouq F., Gutteridge D., Uppaluri K., Kesari K. (2011, May). Lithium Induced Acute Renal Failure a Second Face of Lithium Nephrotoxicity. Poster presented at: Flint Area Medical Education Community Research Forum; Flint, MI.
Uppaluri K., Talluri S., Besur S., Can plant stanols and sterols be used in lowering low density lipoprotein Level (LDL) cholesterol level in patients who are intolerant to Statins. Presented at: Flint Area Medical Education Community Research Forum; Flint, MI.
Kollu V., Panjam D., Uppaluri K., Kesari K. Iatrogenic sodium overload in patients with CHF exacerbation admitted under staff medicine in a community hospital. Oral Presentation presented at: Michigan Chapter's American College of Physicians Annual Associates Day Meeting; Ann Arbor, MI.
Kollu V., Panjam D., Uppaluri K., Kesari K. Standardization of the Gynecologic Exam at an Internal Medicine Clinic: A QI Project. Oral Presentation presented at: Michigan Chapter's American College of Physicians Annual Associates Day Meeting; Ann Arbor, MI.
Peer Reviewed Book Chapter
Mark N Petrous M.D... (2009).Cardiovascular disorders, pulmonary disorders, Hematologic disorders, Neurological disorders, Laboratory tests. In Mark N Petrous, Kalyan Uppaluri (Ed.), Manual of Diagnosis.
(pp. 1-121, 230-350,). Livonia, MI. Olympia publishing.