the Lifeline of K & H
Dr. Hima Challa is the cofounder and the owner of K&H Personalized Medicine Clinic and Research Institute. Her Knack for creativity, strong educational background and being organized (sometimes a little too much!) is an asset to her company.
Dr. Challa grew up in a typical, traditional, South Indian family. She graduated from Gandhi Medical College and was among the top few in her batch. She specialized in Internal Medicine at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, Michigan in the United States. She graduated in Medical Genomics from the Ivy league institution of Harvard Medical School. She also holds a master’s in nutrition science from the Texas Women University and in integrative medicine from the Arizona University. All through her medical career, she has been actively involved in academics. She is one of the youngest Program Director to create and lead a mammoth Internal Medicine residency program at Campbell University in North Carolina, USA. She was also invited by the governor of North Carolina ACP (American College of Physicians) chapter and designated as a fellow, for her services in the field of academic medicine.
Shifting gears, she decided along with her partner in crime, her husband to settle down in her homeland. She wishes to raise her family with the same deep-rooted cultural values that she grew up with. Together, they created K&H, which blends cutting edge futuristic medicine with India’s rich cultural heritage.
- Prosessional Certificate in Human Genomics and Immunology Harvard University 2018
- MS Biology at Texas Women's University, Denton, Texas August 2006 to May 2008.
- M.B.B.S at Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad, India December 1999 to December 2004.
POST GRADUATE TRAINING:
- Internal Medicine Residency
- Internal Medicine Residency St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, Pontiac, Michigan. July 2008 to June 2011.
- Michigan Medical license: 4301092036 Since 2008- Active
- NC Medical License- Since 2015- Active
- Pending Licenses( Applied Dec 2018) GA, NJ, CO, IN, FL, NM PECOS CERTIFIED
- Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency, Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) at Cape Fear Valley Hospital, Fayetteville, NC. September 2016 to Present.
- Hospitalist and Associate professor, Cape Fear Valley Hospital, Fayetteville, NC. September 2015 to September 2016.
- Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency, St. Joseph Mercy, Oakland, Pontiac, MI July 2014- August 2015
- Internal Medicine Core faculty, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, Pontiac, MI July 2011- June 2014
- Attending Physician in Internal Medicine resident clinic- 4 Sessions/week
- Teaching rounder- Inpatients for internal medicine residents
- Member – Sepsis committee, September 2011- August 2015
- Medical Reconciliation committee, September 2011- August 2015
- Administrator- Resident noon conferences and Board reviews, July 2011- August 2015
- Administrator- Online lecture library
- ACP judge- ACP Michigan chapter meetings, spring 2012 at Dearborn, Michigan, spring 2013 at Troy, Michigan
- Author- Teaching Curriculum, Internal Medicine. St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, Michigan 2012-2013
- Paleolithic Diet. Stat Pearls. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing LLC, doi: NBK482457, PubMed PMID: 29494064
- DASH(Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension). Stat Pearls. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing LLC, doi: NBK482514, PubMed PMID: 29494120
- Poster presentations: "Aseptic Meningitis an unusual etiology" at ACP traverse city, MI. September 2009.
- "Lumbosacral Plexopathy Due To Autoimmune Etiology" at ACP Pontiac, MI. May 2010
- "Hypercalcemia Induced Seizures" at ACP Pontiac, Mi. May 2010
- "Severe Hemolytic Anemia, a Rare Complication of HIV" at ACP Pontiac, May 2010
- "Atypical Presentation of Coronary artery Disease" at ACP Dearborn, May 2012
- "When is splenectomy indicated in refractory ITP?" at ACP Dearborn, May 2012
- "Nonsecretory Multiple Myeloma presenting with Acute Renal Failure as the only manifestation: An atypical presentation" at ACP Dearborn, May 2012
- "Acute Intermittent Porphyria vs. TIA" at ACP Dearborn, May 2012
- "A Case of Partial Horners Syndrome in a Patient with Uncontrolled Hypertension complaining of Cluster like Headache" at ACP Dearborn, May 2012
- "Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy related hemorrhage" at ACP Traverse City, September 2012
- "High Suspicion for Headaches" at ACP Troy, May 2013
- "Spinal Neurosarcoidosis: Believe it or not, It can Happen" at ACP Troy, May 2013
- "Colovesical Fistula: A Rare but Serious Complication of Colonic Diverticulosis" at ACP Troy, May 2013
- Research Project: "dialysis-related catheter infection in a community hospital," ongoing.
- "Mesenteric Panniculitis and its Misty Mystery" at ACP State Scientific Meeting, September 2013
- "Inappropriate use of Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis" at ACP State Scientific Meeting. September 2013
- "Effect of Educational Interventions on Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis use in a Community Based Hospital" ACP national meeting, December 2013
- "Infective Endocarditis after Routine Incision and Drainage" at ACP Michigan chapter, May 2014